Friday, October 23, 2009

My top 10 list from Mouse Invasion 2009

10. Getting to talk to your sister for 2 hours in the wee hours of the morning while you mouse hunt...thanks for the moral support Natalie!!!

9. Gives me something to blog about...(not that Joel's birthday bash was a total blast!!! I'll do that one next)

8. Having a conversation starter....example..."Hey Amber, how are you doing." My response, "Oh, fine. My house is just being over ran by mice...yada yada."

7. Having a good story to tell..."Do you know what happened to me last night!!! I was sitting in my recliner in the living room facebooking when mice started to pour out of my kitchen!!! I was shocked. I got a flash light and started to investigate. I left my computer on the recliner chair arm when a mouse went flying through the air and knocked it on the ground!!! The mice were everywhere!!!"

6. I use to like Ratatouille the movie...but now it just creeps me out.

5. This is the extreme that I have to go through to have my Mom come and stay at my house!!! Eat your hearts out Jennifer and Natalie!!! Jealous!!! I have a great mouse killing machine of a mother.

4. The feeling that I can eat whatever I want...including pre-mature Halloween candy because "I AM IN A CRISIS" I think I eat my way through problems my some times. Ohhhh, and Azteca Nachos yesterday.

3. My son Drew thinks that helping me "find" and pick up the mouse traps in the morning is like a great Easter Egg Hunt and says "Mom this is the coolest"--kind of weird

2. My house is cleaner than EVER!!!!

1. Getting great feed back and support from everyone of you!!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I have loved the phone calls, messages via blogger and facebook! Your personal stories and advice/comments made me feel like I would make it through the mice invasion of 2009 and guess what!!!! I THINK IT IS OVER!!!!

FYI: Wednesday night only one trap was set off my a mouse but he got away injured...Last night I caught a three footed mouse...making me believe that he was the last one...hopefully!!! I will continue to set traps for a while...but I think I am out of the woods!!!!! YEAH!!!!

And just because....last night I took Jenna to her soccer practice/scrimmage game. I told her that if she scored a goal that I would buy her a chocolate ice cream cone. (Bribery never hurt, right!?) Well, during half time she raised her hand in the team huddle and told her coach, "Coach, coach!!! I think I am going to pray to Heavenly Father that I score a goal!!!" It is times like these that I wished we lived in Utah. Ohhhhhh the faith of little children!!!!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

So I am only #10 on your countdown list. . . geez. Even after talking with you until 1 am. . . I am glad that the mice are gone. And I am glad you caught the one footed mouse, but doesn't it make you wonder where his missing foot is? Call me when you get bored now that you aren't hunting mice all day long!!

Heather said...

WOW! I think I will wait on being a home owner a little longer. You handled it better than I could ever imagine.

mcintyreandco said...

Bummer...that was fun and I talked to you more in one month than I have all year! :) The 3 footed mouse...that is sad. I'm glad that you are doing better and probably sleeping better now too.