Monday, October 19, 2009

Mice invasion 2009 update

Well, we spent all of today cleaning and cleaning some more. You know the fun stuff like under the washer and dryer, behind the refridgerator, etc. We found quite a bit of mouse poop and our house is spick and span clean. Now we can trace the mice so we can sucessfully set traps.



Just a note: I am sitting down in my living room facing the kitchen. I have just witnessed three mice run across my kitchen under the refidgerator. I have noooo idea what to do. They gross me out like nothing I have ever experienced before. My stomach is in knots. One is peaking around the corner like they know that I am here. It is sooooooooooooo sick. Joel says to just let the traps do their work. I feel helpless and totally intruded upon. I think that one is stuck on a trap. One just made the corner to the laundry room. I feel like the old lady in Ratatuoille. You know what I mean????



Anywho, I just woke up Joel and set four more traps. I just hope the kids don't get up in the middle of the night. Poor Joel, he has to get up soooo early to go to work and I am keeping him up with these mice!!!



We found the hole that the mice came in out side and filled it with steel wool. Steel wool. Sounds like a good rock band. Hope, hope, hope that it works. Then we filled it with insulation spray. I am loosing it. Because to tell you the truth...day is good, night is horrible. From Dark until Dawn...dark until dawn baby. Thanks for the support though.

A trap just went off...got to go!!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know how you are feeling, it is the WORST!!!! I hope you get them all taken care of soon!!! We miss you guys!!

mcintyreandco said...

Seriously...a trap went off while you were writing that?!?! GROSS! Just hope they aren't crawling on you while you sleep! HA,HA! :) Thanks for the update!

Celeste said...

That is disgusting! If they are going to be in your kitchen they might as well be cooking for you. You should put one in your chef hat and see if anything comes of it...

In the mean time- good luck!


...and I thought earwigs were gross...