Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Divide and conquer

I consider last night a success. After putting the kids to bed, Joel, my Mom, and myself took ourselves downstairs to watch The Biggest Loser. I had set 20 traps in the kitchen, laundry room, and pantry. Within about 20 minutes we had a mouse caught. Within another 20 minutes another!!! It looked like this was going to be a good night.

Anyways, after TBL Joel went to bed and my Mom and I waited in the living room to see if we could spot some action. I mean, after last night how could we not!!! Sure enough two mice jetted their way across from the island to the fridge. But to tell you the truth it was really slow (that is sooooo good). Especially since I fixed a hole in the wall in the laudry room that some of the mice might have been living in. While we were sleeping we caught two more total making our total for the night: 4 mice.

That is exactly half the number caught last night, meaning we are dividing and conquering!!!

FYI: I feel soooooo much better today. I got a whole nights sleep. My mom helped sooo much and bagged all the mice. What a Mom, huh!!! I just know that the problem is almost fixed!!! I am happy!

7 comments:

Niki said...

Amber--I just happened across your blog today. I've just got to tell you how much I feel your pain. I HATE mice. We live in the middle of a field, so every once in awhile if my kids leave doors open, we are invaded. Grant teases me because I can never sleep when I know one is in the house. I am pretty sure there is nothing worse than mice--well I think woodpeckers are up there on the list as well. Good luck!! Just know someday they will all be gone!

Adrienne & Scott said...

I don't blame you for not getting any sleep lately. I would be freakin' out all night! I HATE HATE HATE mice! Scott couldn't believe you had that many mice in your house! Sick!! Oh and I LOVE the Biggest Loser! I watch it too!!

mcintyreandco said...

I am kind of sad that all the mice will be gone because I have LOVED reading your blog and getting a good laugh. I'm glad you got some good sleep last night and that things are "slowing" down! What an adventure!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Amber... Im highly concerned for your safety. I think you guys should get away to California for a few days. Call me when you get here.

Lisa Farman said...

Wow, sounds like you have been busy. And not the fun busy. I hope you get them all gone soon.

Hi! said...

Hi Guys! What an awful experience! Usually you get one or two mice at a time, you truely have been invaded, yikes! Here is some unsolicited advise; after you think all the mice are gone, set more traps away from where the kids may get them and check the traps once a week, you may be surprised. You may want to get some outdoor traps too, the kind where they crawl in and can't get out. There is something worse- rats! Good luck on the hunting!
Love, Auntie Irene

Hi! said...

P.S. This is a really great Halloween story.
Auntie Irene