Monday, October 19, 2009

Hickory, Dickory, Dock...

and you know the rest...let's just say that I have a new perspective on this guy. It started around 11 o'clock on Joel's birthday when we had our good friends Mike and Marianne over. We were sitting in our living room when Mike spotted a mouse in our kitchen. I could not believe it. But sure enough out he came again. We was running through a hole by our dishwasher and coming thorough a hole under our sink (where the garbage is). Anyways...my Mom was keeping our kids for the night at her house for Joel's birthday so Joel and I ran down to Wal-mart and bought one trap because that is all that we had...one stray, random mouse. SOOOO WRONG!!!!

Last night, Sunday evening Joel and I were enjoying Desperate Housewives when I heard a sqweak. Then there was scratching. I thought I was just being paranoid...because I now am. I investigated more closely to find a mouse behind our refridgerator, a mouse under the sink, and a mouse in the laundry room (all surrounding one major wall). This wall was also scratching--that is right MICE IN THE WALLS!!!! Joel and I were soooo creeped out!!! Joel went to Wal-mart again and bought multiple traps. He came home, set traps, and we got back to our show. I was googling mice invasions, of course, and Joel looked over at me to see a mouse run right behind me!!!! FREAKING OUT!!!! We got out a broom and tried to kill it but it was jumping and sooo fast! We tipped all the couches over in the living room and it looked like a war zone...worse yet...we scared it down stairs!!!! I watched it jump all the way down stairs and chased it but it was too late. So now we have one downstairs and a bunch in the laundry room wall.

To make matters worse...Drew is allergic to cats and peanut butter. Peanut butter is the most effective way to set a trap and cats, well, you know. We tried to have Rocky chase the mouse...but no luck!

4 comments:

Katie The Lady said...

YIKES!!! I've been reading your facebook updates on this matter- I don't envy your situation! Good luck with the mice hunt!

MilaBonita said...

This is cracking me up, you're not alone sister! There is NEVER just one mouse. But yours are ballsey! Otis Orchards mice are under the understanding not to show themselves. I miss you can't wait till we see eachother again!

mcintyreandco said...

NASTY! I can just "see" you and Joel chasing the mice and you being freaked out. Good luck on your mouse hunt!

The Pyper Fam said...

Oh my! I can not believe that!!! We had a mouse once and it kind of freaked me out, I couldn't imagine a whole family!! I hope you guys get rid of 'em good! :) Good Luck with the war!!! :)