Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Now I know...

"oh what a beautiful morning"...girls camp anyone???


So this past weekend was ValleyFest (a carnival type affair for the area we live). Jenna brought a flyer home from school and it showed a hot air balloon event at 6:45am on Saturday morning. I thought "Gee, that would be fun." Anyone who knows me...knows...I am NOT a morning person. So this was really big for me--to wake up before 8am on a weekend!!! (I actually do this a lot with three kids and all, but I can lounge on my couch in my robe or just lay in my bed.) Anyway...Saturday morning comes and we all roll out of bed, throw on some clothes, and rush out the door to see the amazing hot air balloons. We cruise over to the park only to see a couple (meaning two or three) hot air balloons off in the distance (meaning about a half a mile or farther). Shoot! Not to spoil this rare occasion of being up so early, we decided to take a little stroll on the Centennial Trail. It was rejuvenating and really fun to be with the people I love most out in the crisp of the early morning. But now I know...maybe I'll sleep in next year.

Jenna and one of the few hot air balloons off in the distance...can you see it????I think that Ethan even thought it was a little too early...

3 comments:

Lisa Farman said...

Well at least you gave it a shot. It looks like you had a good morning anyway.

Little Liz & Me said...

hi this is mom...

Katie The Lady said...

Pretty pictures from the morning! I love hot air balloons, but they never fly around here.