Thursday, October 2, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

FALL! I absolutely love this time of the year. One might say that this is even my most favorite time of the year. Here is my reasoning in no apparent order...



10. The air is crisp and clean...I love the feel of fall in the air.


9. We fall back an hour in the fall...meaning once a year I get to sleep for one EXTRA hour--all you Mom's out there know what I am talking about.


8. The fall colors are goregous. Besides orange is one of my very favorite colors which would explain my pumpkin colored backpack in high school--which I used all the way through college--and Joel made fun of it :(


7.HALLoWEEn!!!! What a fun holiday to dress up and be whatever your heart desires. This year I will be a mother to a pumpkin, bear, and Cleopatra the "Egyptian Princess" as Jenna would say...I am going to be a Mummy (I might even wrap myself in Charmin????) Joel wants to be the Incredibles family but I told him that NO one needs to see us in spandex. That would be horrifying.


6. Candy. For one night a year you can eat all you want and really not feel that guilty about--well at least until the morning.


5. This is a new one to my list this year but...Kids going back to school. I love it and Jenna loves it. Kindergarten is awesome. Besides if you time naps just right--you might find yourself with an hour or so of free time to do whatever your heart desires while the kids are away.


4. Baseball playoffs...need I say more...love it!


3. Soup!!! Nothing is better than eating soup on a chilly day. In my family it was a tradition to eat corn bread and homemade clam chowder on Halloween night. I have tried but Jenna thinks she is allergic meaning "she hates it." I guess we will stick to Campbell's chicken noodle for a while.


2. Sweaters! They are my favorite and really forgiving--you know--for mom's who are still trying to get off that 20 lbs. or so off after having two babies back-to-back.


1. Greenbluff!!! I love this little part of the place we live. It is a little farming community that has a Harvest Festival every year. You can get the best apple pie, cider, carmel apples, cute pumpkins, go on hay rides, and just love this most wonderful time of the year!




Here are some recent pictures of us at Greenbluff (we already went!!!) I love this picture of Drew.


He just did this pose naturally. Silly.

Jenna and a scarecrow.Dad and the E-man.I love this picture of Ethan...he is my little buddy.
Me and the little man. Don't mind the spit up all over the E-man...he has reflux :(The kids trying to find the perfect pumpkin!And my most favorite part of the FALL is having three amazing kids to share this season with!

7 comments:

Hatch Family said...

I LOVE the Fall here! I can't wait to go to Green Bluff. Can you believe I have lived here 2.5 years and never gone! I know!!! Your kiddos are adorable.

Lisa Farman said...

I love fall too. It's probably my favorite time of year as well. For most of the same reasons as yours. Looks like you had a great time at Green Bluff. I love it there. We are going to wait a little while long before we go though. I'm hoping for a least one sick free day so I can enjoy the goodies there too! :-)

Unknown said...

I didn't know fall was your favorite...good to know! :) I loved your blog post and pictures. You should have been the Incredibles...that would have been so cute!!!! I'm glad you are getting a little time to yourself...isn't it refreshing!

Adrienne & Scott said...

Your kiddos are the cutest ever! Seriously! We're going to OR for Christmas. It's the 1st time since our wedding we've all been together. And if I get Thanksgiving off we'll spend it with my fam in Utard, ugh! I just want to go HOME! You should totally make a mobile for Jenna's room. It would be so cute in such a cute room! Good job designing!

Katie The Lady said...

Dude, those are all the reasons I love fall! It is the best time of the year!!! I love your pictures with the pumpkins. Isn't there all kinds of Fall activities in Greenbluff? I think that is where my mom said there are corn maizes and lots of kids activities for fall, am I right?

The Barney's said...

Hi Amber. It's Lori Barney (married to Justin and was in the Pines Ward YW's with ya) I came across you and Sarah Ross's blogs tonight. I dont blog as much as I wish I could but it was so fun to find and read your blog. I can't get over the fact that you have 3 kiddos now! Your family is SO cute. It is busy work being a mom but so worth it. If you have a sec, you'll have to hop on my blog and see my 3 kiddos too. Katelyn just turned 7, Logan is 5 and Tyson 2 1/2. We live in Boise and own a really fun store (Platos Closet). I am so glad that you are so happy and have such a cute family!! Oh and I miss not being able to take the kids up to Greenbluff. It is so fun. And I have to agree that fall is great too!! Love, Lori

(www.busybarneys.blogspot.com)

Angela said...

Love the pictures and all the fall colors, although I must say it made me jealous. California doesn't really have "fall", it's always 80 degrees and brown (except for March, it's green :). So needless to say I miss my sweaters and fall colors, so thanks for sharing yours! And I'm sad to hear you won't have any little twinkies this year :) That was too fun.