Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Did you know...

{Cooties}...pronounced (coo.tees)...

Cooties is a slang word in North American English, used by children, referring to a fictitious disease or condition, often 'carried' by members of the opposite sex. One supposedly catches cooties through any form of bodily contact, close proximity, contact with an "infected" person's possessions, or third-party transmission.

this definition is from an acutual encyclopedia...

this morning Jenna was telling me about two boys in her kindergarten class...both of which go to our same church as well.

she says, "Josh is in my class and Ben is his friend."

I say, "Oh, that is nice. Are you friends with Ben too?"

Jenna replies, "No, Ben don't wanna be my friend."

Since we go to the same church and have even had Ben in primary before I know that he is a shy little guy and a man's man, you know the kind of kid that thinks that girls have cooties and such...

so I reply, "Well sometimes boys don't like to play with girls because they think they have cooties."

Jenna then pipes up, "I DON'T have cooties! I collect seashells!"

1 comment:

Lisa Farman said...

Well she's right. She doesn't have cooties. I think collecting sea shells helps prevent that. :-)