Thursday, July 30, 2009

Summer Lovin'

Is there anything better than summer time! I love it...

boating, long days, bike rides, baseball, swimming, Popsicles, yard work (I admit it, I like it), BBQ, the South Hill Water park, playing with my kiddos! I love summer! And we are counting down till Disneyland!!! Yeah!
Tonight was a great summer night. I made delicious steak and chicken kabobs...soooo good...here is the recipe...you will love it, promise!!! BBQ makes all the difference too...
1 1/2 c. saturated oil
3/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. worchester sauce
1 1/2 Tablespoons parsley
2 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon pepper
1/2 c. white wine vinegar
1/3 c. Lemon juice
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
Add veggies and meat to the marinade...it is delicious...my favorite is chicken, steak, and pork. Don't forget veggies...sweet onion, green and red peppers are to die for!!! Let me know if anyone tries and likey!!! Joel and I could eat this every night!
Then we went for a leisurely bike ride around the neighborhood...Jenna complained a lot...boys loved the bike trailer. Then I finished off the gorgeous night weeding the front yard and Jenna and Drew ate Popsicles and made a rocket ship out of an old cardboard box. Why do I even spend money on toys...really???!!!
These are the dog days of summer!!! So tell me...how is your summer going??? What are you lovin'???


3 comments:

Trevor and Holly said...

Cute boy!! I am glad you are loving summer!! I am a fan as well!! We want to see lots of pictures of Dysney Land, so take pictures!! :) Trevor and I will have to try your yummy recipe!! Miss you guys, ALREADY!! Love ya!!

Trevor and Holly said...

I know, I spelled disney wrong!! What can I say,..... I am just not that smart!! :)

mcintyreandco said...

Sounds good...I'm going to give it a try. Sounds like you are having an awesome summer! Miss you!