Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Starting off the new year with a bang...or a whole lot of posts

Well it is about time...right?! I have been dragging my feet to keep up on my blog and have considered even quitting. But then I talked to my wonderful sis-in-law, who decided to up and leave the wonderful 4 feet of snow here in Spokane for the warm-all-year round Texas...by the way, and I realized that in order to keep in touch with my close friends and family who keep moving from Spokompton I need to continue the quest of the blogging world...but I am not promising much...just to try. So hold on to your seats because here we go!(warning this is the mother load of all posts and I already have a headache)...



for all of you who haven't heard we were hit real hard this year by Mother Nature...




this is proof--view outside on my grill and back deck (pre-icicles)...i bet you are wondering where rocky went potty...let's not even go there.






There were also crazy icicles that were hanging off of our house...then comes story




we got a leak in our house because we had ice dams form on our roof because the ice was so thick and the icicles were so big...so I googled what causes these icicles and this popped up...




BAD INSULATION




so I had my trusty handy-man Joel climb in the attic to find that we had




NO INSULATION.


Stupid dam icicles...(doesn't this remind you of the time we went on our Summiteer hike --AJ and Marianne??? Jeana too if you are out there.) I am not cursing because they really are dam icicles.--Besides that is another new year resolution.


Next step...call the builder. So we did this and thankfully he had the insulation company come out the next week and insulate our house...apparently it was missed. But my question is...how did the housing inspector miss that one???? And another question was answered as to why we pay out the nose for our heating bills. It is just amazing how different our house feels and sounds with proper insulation like when it gets windy at night we do not hear the high pitched howling of the wind ripping through our attic...(things just seem to make sense now).
Well the outcome is okay because our builder is fixing everything and is even putting in tile in our master bathroom and has offered us tickets to Gonzaga basketball games... but we couldn't go because we were going to off the Chuck e cheeses for Drew's birthday. Which leads me to post numero dos.

No comments: