Saturday, November 1, 2008

I want candy!!!

Well, another Halloween has come and gone. This year was another success. Mounds and mounds of candy was collected and passed out. Hundreds and hundreds of extra calories consumed. And the possibility of cavities has increased. What a sweet success! Here are some highlights of the night. First I started out the day taking Ethan to the doctor to get some shots...I know...not very nice on Halloween, but it's not Christmas people. Next, I was the only mom (besides the moms that were running the party) to attend Jenna's kindergarten Halloween party. I thought more mom's or dad's would have showed...oh well, I had fun. Plus it gave me a chance to get some ideas for the Valentines party that I am in charge of. Next I stopped by my good friend Marianne's house to say "hi". Then I went home to see what was going on and I found my husband had shaved his hair off(yes, he did have hair before the "incident").........more to come in another post. We then ran down to my Mom's house to trick-or-treat. Next we flew back home where we had our annual Halloween gathering with my sister-in-laws, family, and friends. We ate pizza, talked, and most importantly....made our way around the block to trick-or-treat.

Here is Jenna with her "vampire" pumpkin she helped design and carve. We had a fun night carving pumpkins and watching Charlie Brown's Halloween special on Wedensday.
This is Jenna's kindergarten class...Mrs. McNeice is the bee...what a cool teacher.The kids on their way to Grandma Netter's. Trick-or-Treat! Drew loved trick-or-treating...he would walk as fast as his little legs would go and he looked so funny in his "fat" dragon suit. I joked that he ate so much candy that I would take the costume off and he would really be that big...he ate so much candy he puked before bed...whoops.Presenting Cleopatra or as Jenna says, "An Egyptian princess!" Jenna was the only kindergartner with make-up on too...I can see how those pageant moms can get out of hand. It was fun for one day!
Here is the gang...it was funny because when we started taking these kids trick-or-treating together four years ago we would only make it to a couple of houses and they would be exhausted and cold. Now we were the ones exhausted trying to keep up...they really have perfected the art of trick-or-treating!Joel and Ethan."Mom, why do you make me wear this weird looking hat!?"My camera was soooo fuzzy, darn it! After the night was over Drew kept pushing me toward our front door, his pumpkin pail in hand, saying "Walk, walk." He wanted to go out again he loved it so much.Happy Ethan with his little pumpkin. Aunt Holly and I agreed that he would make a good Charlie Brown for Halloween with that round head of his.

A very tired 6 month old...yes, he fell asleep as the clock struck 8.A very happy almost two-year old. "Candy, candy peeeess!"----NO MORE CANDY!!!!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Cute pictures Amber! I got a good laugh out of Drew's fat dragon costume and his cute little face. Jenna and Ethan also looked adorable! I wish we could have joined the party, it looks like you guys had a great time! Now where is the post about your husband shaving off his hair. . . ?

Adrienne & Scott said...

Oh your kids are too cute! Love the costumes! It was so good talking with you the other day! Miss you!

Unknown said...

Very, very cute and as always I love your stories. You have cute kids. Jenna looked great! I can't believe Ethan is so big and Drew looks all grown up. I need to come home and visit more often...or you can come visit me! :) I'm glad you had a good Halloween. And pizza...what happened to Potato Soup?!?! :)

Katie The Lady said...

What great costumes!!! I love the Cleopatra costume!! Soundslike you guys had a fun Halloween!!

Trevor and Holly said...

Thank you so much for the annual Halloween gathering!! We had a really good time!! We miss you guys already!! Keep up the posts, love it!! Holly

Mel said...

AMBER!!! I didnt even know you had left me that comment or that you guys even had a blog til Luke told me a minute ago. of course I didnt set our blog to private to block you-- ha ha ha silly girl!! :) I have just finished reading your blog entries and loved them all! you crack me up. i loved the Obama thing, and the story about jenna asking if barbie was hot made me laugh so hard! you have such a beautiful family!! I really want to meet those handsome little men of yours soon! Luke and I think of you guys all the time, and i know you and i havent known each other long but I miss you! ( and Joel too I guess) ha ha Joel. anyway, come and see us soon PLEASE? love, Mel

PS FALL is My FAV too!! for all the same reasons as you :)