Sunday, July 13, 2008

Vacations, vacations, vacations!!!

Drew loved throwing rocks into the tide pools...what a boy. And by the way, pictures are in no particular order--anyone who knows me should not be surprised...right Jen and Nat.
How did Jenna get in the fish tank??? We always new she was a fish!
Dad, Jenna, and Drew
Dad, Jenna, and Drew in a giant shark's mouth
Getting ready to set sail on our whale watching cruise...more to come on the subject...

After a long trip in the car we were finally at the ocean!!! Yeah!!! What good travelers the kids were...thanks to gummy worms and movies!!!

Me and the kids at the Tillamook cheese factory....say "WE LOVE CHEESE!!!" (except for Drew is allergic, poor kid)
Jenna on a giant turtle saying, "McCombs first family vacation!"



Joel and Drew man at the lighthouse in Newport, OR.


Well it has been a while since the last post and the reason is that we have been busy playing and going on some vacations. We went on our first official family vacation to the Oregon Coast. We had a blast and it was really laid back. The reason it was probably so laid back was because my wonderful mom watched Ethan for us for the entire week!!! We are sooooo lucky that she is always so willing to watch kids and help whenever we ask...but the cool part is that she asks to watch them too! Our kids love their grandparents. Anyway we visited a lighthouse, went on a whale watching trip (but unfortunatley didn't see any whales), we went to our favorite Tillamook cheese factory and ate ice cream, looked for sea shells and played in the sand at Cannon Beach, swam a lot in the hotel pools, went to the Oregon Coast Aquarium in Newport, flew kites, went on the bumper cars in Seaside and we finished off the trip by visiting my Sister Natalie, bro-in-law Brandon, and cute niece Madison in Seattle. There we swent swimming, shopping, and went to eat at the delicious Keg Resturant and Nat took us to the cutest cupcake shop too. What a time...I think I also gained about 5 pounds. While on our whale watching adventure I got sick...so sick I needed to use the porta-potty type restroom...what a nightmare. I went into this tiny little cube to take care of business and I looked down at the toilet bowl and though, "you have to be kidding me..." The bowl was so small and had no seat, or so I thought. After I was done I stood up to notice that I had not put the seat down and there was a seat! Let's just say that cruise felt more like 20 hours rather than 2 and I was soooo happy to set foot on land again!!! Other than that we had a great time. Drew is officially hooked to watching movies in the car now and any time we get in he points to the movie screen and says "oooovie." I guess he is just taking after his big sis. Jenna, after counting down days to the vacation for the past two months, is now asking..."When we go to Disneyland?" I can't keep up.






































5 comments:

Adrienne & Scott said...

Yeah! You finally updated your blog! I was looking for pictures of Ethan but then read that your mom watched him. That's smart! I'm jealous you got to go to the OR coast! I miss the west's beauty. So when are you going to Disneyland mom?!

Katie L said...

I'm glad to see something new-hahaha! I think you are the luckiest person alive right now- I have always wanted to go to the Tillamook factory!!!! That is the only kind of cheese I'll eat! Sounds like a fun adventure! Fun pictures!

Natalie said...

You are so funny!! I was very surprised to see a new post! I loved the bathroom story, it made me laugh once again!!! I miss you guys and wish you were here. We went downtown yesterday and saw Lisa Loeb play at Barnes and Noble. It was pretty cool. It was a nice day and we had some fun downtown. I thought of you the whole time and thought you would have loved it. I hope you are doing good, I miss ya and love you lots!

Carrie said...

That looks so fun! I love cheese! And the ocean! That is a trip we've always wanted to take.

Love grandmas who watch kids! What a stress reliever!

mcintyreandco said...

Great pics and I'm glad that you had a good time. How fun! You're whale watching story cracks me up...especially since you didn't use the seat! :) I love your new layout too...it's really cute! The boy's say "hi" to Jenna...they were pretty upset that she is not coming with Grandma to visit. Maybe next time! Miss you!

Love, Jen.