Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Tag! Your it!

Okay, okay. This is the second time in a week that my sister Natalie has tagged me so I guess I will make her happy and finally reply I guess. It is either that or she knows my password to blogspot and she threatened to do it herself for me. Who knows, she knows me really well and probably could...but here it goes...probably way boring but...

1-The best thing you cooked this week: Cook!? What kind of a question is that...anyone who knows me well, knows that the closest thing I cook is when I watch the food network--BUT--I did make some delicious potato soup--from scratch!!! this week--and it is only Wedensday!

2-If money and time were no object, where would you go and with whom?: I would travel to Europe with my hubby Joel--we would backpack around Spain, Italy, France, Switzerland, Germany--everywhere!!! Then on the way home we would stop for a relaxing week somewhere very warm--like Tahiti.

3-Last time you cried?: Honestly can't really remember--but my eyes did get a little weepy with happiness as I watched my cute 4 year old bear her testimony in the primary program this last Sunday...so sweet.

4-Things you were doing 10 years ago: Well that would make me 16 so....learning how to drive my Dad's crappy '78 Datsun pick-up truck (it was also a stick shift) and playing a ton of fast pitch softball.

5-5 things you did today: Well it is only 2 in the afternoon but...we went to Jump and Bounce with Marianne and the Evergreen ward, changed some poopy diapers, watched Take Home Chef on TLC, grabbed lunch at McDonald's, and I am now updating my blog!!! So impressive--I am kidding.

6-5 favorite snacks: Gummy peach-o's, pringles spicy guacamole chips, cucumbers w/ vinegar, asparagas, and apples w/ caramel--This was hard...I am pregnant!!!

7- 5 bad habits: Some times I curse (I really shouldn't let out my dark secrets), I sleep in, our family eats out way too much, I have road rage (stole that from my sister but I guess it runs in the family), and I watch too much television

8- 5 Favorite foods: mexican, anything from Olive Garden, chinese, McDonald's Big Macs (should have been one of my bad habits), and chicken--everything I make has chicken in it or so it seems

9- 5 places I have been: Rexburg, ID, Tahiti, Hawaii, Banff, Canada, and the Cayman Islands--I love to travel!!!!!

10- Favorite memory: SOOOOOOOOO many...like I could talk about giving birth, my wedding day, my honeymoon, past holidays......but this is a shout out to you Nat--Natalie is my best friend and my sister. I love her to death. When we were young I would play lots of practical jokes on her like rigging up the computer with my dear friend Marianne when Natalie was on the computer and made her think she had a stalker and so on. Well, when we were very, very young we use to share a room. We had a bunk bed and being the older sister I got to sleep on the top bunk and she on the bottom. Well, every night I would hang over the side and say, "Hey Nat, look at me!" She being so innocent and sweet would peep her head out and I would let a spit ball fall out of my mouth onto her forehead. This happened for a little while until she became skeptical of me. I would then promise, "Nat, I just want to say goodnight!" Well, I being very persistent leaned so far over my bed one night to spit on her that I flipped out of it and landed spread eagle between two bars on a clothes horse--I hurt myself so bad I just fell off and quietly crawled up into my bed and needless to say--no more spit balls. I guess I got what I deserved.

Thanks Nat for all the special memories...I love ya!!!!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh Amber!! I am laughing so hard I am crying!!! It is so sad that story is true, I can still remember you falling that night!! But we can't forget how you had the New Kids On the Block poster on your ceiling that you would kiss every night!! Or the time you got mad and threw my Malibu Barbie off the bunk bed and her head popped off. . . Oh the memories of sharing a room, ones I will never ever forget! I love you tons and miss you! Can't wait to see you next week!!!

Celeste said...

Love the story of the bunk bed! I was the little sister on the trundle that got sneezed on all the time. "allergies"... right. What is it with older sisters, bunk beds, snot, and gravity?!

marianne & maybe mike said...

Amberlicious. I love that you put that story about us pranking Natalie on your blog, although I see she made no mention of it in her comment so she's probably still upset. I dont blame her. We were mean. So check me out I blog now. You're the meaning in my life...you're the inspiration!

marianne & maybe mike said...

Hi! I didn't know how you would feel about your picture on my blog, but I had that picture printed months ago now and it's in my van and i NEVER remember to give it to you. So I wanted you to see it because you look so pretty and Drew is the most photogenic child ever born. Well bouncey world sounds awesome to me. We'll chat.

Carrie said...

Amber, you make me laugh so hard! So funy.

Hey is it alright if I link you guys from my bloggy blog?

Adrienne & Scott said...

Hey! For the backdrop...It's just a blog template. I actually asked marianne where she got hers. This particular one I got a pyzam.com. You can also do a search on google and search for blog templates. Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions. Miss you!

Katie L said...

Hey Amber! This is Katie Andersen. Boy, I look on Adrienne's blog and it's like a highschool reunion! How are you??? I love your blog! I'm going to add you to my favorite's OK?