Thursday, November 29, 2007

Naughty and Nice


Well, this last week we took a trip with Grandma Gretchen, Scott, Cassie, and cousin Asher to the Silverlake Mall to get Santa pictures. It was quite the ordeal as you can tell by Drews reaction to the jolly old fellow. The funny thing is that Drew looks exactly like I did when I was that age when I saw Santa...just put a red polka dot dress and a blonde curly wig on him and--twins. Jenna on the other hand was so excited to see Santa. She ran up to him and gave him a big hug and when he asked her what she wanted for Christmas she replied, "Everything." Well, let me clarify what everything is...Butterscotch the pony. This is the lamest toy I have ever seen. It is a three foot robotic horse that doesn't even give pony rides! You can pet it and it will move it's head and even nay--oh, and you can feed it a fake carrot--but that is all. Not to mention that it is three hundred dollars. I think I could probably buy a real horse for that amount! Needless to say, Santa will not be bringing Jenna Butterscotch this year. But no fear, I have spoiled her rotten with many other fun plastic toys and a Barbie with a horse and horse stall. The Barbie horse will actually move it's legs and at a fraction of the price. We are getting really excited for the holidays and I even have most of all my Christmas shopping done...so exciting. Anyways, we hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are looking forward to a great Christmas season!

9 comments:

Adrienne & Scott said...

Aw mom! Why don't you just break down and break your wallet and get Jenna Butterscotch! He sounds real awesome! Haha! I was actually going to just write on your blog telling you to post some more pics of the kiddies, but to my surprise you just updated it! I love the picture...classic! How's pregnancy going? I told Marianne that all the girls need to get together and go to a Spice Girls concert! Haha! Aren't they touring again?!

Natalie said...

Wow! I was shocked to see that you updated your blog with out me nagging you! That picture is hilarious!!!! It does look a lot like you when you were little! Jenna looks like a little princess and she is so well behaved! I can't wait to see the reaction on Christmas morning when there is no Butterscotch! Maybe Jenna will look like her Mommy on Christmas mornings!!! Love you and I miss you! Can't wait to hear about Baby Codiee tomorrow!!

Sarah Turpin said...

Amber- your blog is so cute! I loved the cute picture with Santa. It's so fun to keep in touch with everyone

Katie L said...

That picture is definitely a winner! I wanted to take my kids to get Santa pictures, but apparently Santa doesn't make appearances in Rexburg, or IF! Yeah, I saw that stupid horse at Walmart the other day-yikes! I was shocked by the price!!! Sounds like she'll still have a good Christmas.

Katie L said...

P.S.-I forgot to congratulate you on the upcomming addition to your family!!! I am absolutely TERRIFIED of even thinking of having a 3rd kid!!!

Marianne Thompson said...

Hi Amber, you probably got my message on your cell but just so you know I'm on pins and needles about whether you are going to birth another friend for my boys or a possible wife for one of them. Woo hoo!

marianne & maybe mike said...

P.S. I heard the hubbies got their butts whooped last night in b-ball! Sad.

Heather Parchen said...

Amber,
It was great running across your blogspot. I had a great time reading your blogs and laughed so hard on some of them! Congrats on the new addition to the family, I had no idea!

Anyhoo, hope to see more updates and congrats to you and Joel again! Hope to see you all at the Palmer Bowling Party on the 22nd :)

Angela said...

Amber-
Way cute picture! Your kids are adorable, and congrats on #3, and best of luck....it's a little challenging having more kids than arms...but I'm sure you'll do great, and perhaps teach me a thing or two!