Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A new post

Well, I think it is about time for a new post. Really I just want to stop seeing the word Christmas since I am soooo done with winter. So here is what we have been up to...Jenna has just reached 100 days of kindergarten. She got off the bus sporting these adorable things.An awesome pair of "100" glasses made out of pipe cleaners. She is also now enrolled in gymnastics and totally loves it!

We had to go buy a leotard the night of her 1st gymnastics class of course. It is really fun to watch. Jenna also taught me that when playing "I spy" in the car "imagination" is one thing you can spy--example: think of something and try to figure it out--what is a long thing with orange stripes??? Doesn't make sense...I didn't think so.


Drew is just being Drew. Although after battling diarrhea for the past year or so ( and I mean BATTLING) he was just diagnoised with having a dangerous bacteria in his stomach called C Diff. Anyways, he has been put on a serious dose of antibiotic and is doing soooooo well. I can't even describe how well we are all doing now!!! He is such a spunky little kid who loves kung fu.




Ethan is also doing great. He is so easy going and a real blessing. He loves his Mom and Dad and being held. We love him so much.

This is Ethan making his "bitter beer" face.


Other than that the McCombs are doing great. We enjoyed a fun trip to Seattle last week to go and see my Sister and her family but I forgot the camera so no fun pictures. We had a great time eating at the Cheesecake Factory for Valentine's Day(thanks Mom for watching all 4 kids), shopping, swimming, and playing at the Children's Museum. Joel is going to start his last quarter at Eastern soon and we are all so excited for him to be done with school. Yeah!!!

7 comments:

Lisa Farman said...

I didn't even know Drew was sick. I am so happy he is doing better now.

Jenna looks so cute in her leotard. You'll have to let me know when her first meet is. I love to come see everything she is learning.

Ethan is looking so cute, like always.

mcintyreandco said...

I can't believe how big Ethan is...but then I realized he is going to be one. It's sad to think I have never met him. I live too far away and have too many kids now. Jenna looks so happy and I am glad she is loving school so much. And Drew...I can sympathize with the little guy and I am so glad he is feeling better. Miss you guys!

Trevor and Holly said...

Yay, a new post!!! :) I am so glad you were able to figure out what was causing Drew's poo problem!! Glad to hear everyone is doing well!! The kids are as cute as ever!! That Jenna is such a crack up! We miss you guys lots!! Take care!! Holly

Katie The Lady said...

It looks like a Pop eye face-hahaha!

That is awesome about the gymnastics- so fun, I bet! I can't wait to put Calvin in summer sports this year!!!

A year with the runs has got to be just horrible for a little guy!!! That is crazy, but I'm glad it was diagnost and fixed!!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Amber, its Tanya... I love looking at your blog to catch up because I havn't seen you since you were pregnant with Drew!!! We can't wait to see you guys in April!

Anonymous said...

Hey stranger! This is Jennifer Bonewell now Turnbow. How is life going for you! Your family is stinking adorable. I just looked at your sisters page and wanted to say hello! Add me to your blog so I can keep updated on you! Glad to see you!

Sharlene Enloe said...

It was so fun having you guys over last night. We have to do that more often! Your kids are so cute. I love the bitter beer face!