Sunday, August 29, 2010

Perfect Day

Some days are good. Some days are not so good. And some are just perfect. This last week we were able to go to our most favorite lake, Lake Roosevelt. It just might have been our last day of summer...it was a gorgeous 91 degrees and the lake was G-L-A-S-S. Not to mention that the kids shown below were happy and so much fun. Ethan is a happy camper on the boat and is the best cuddle-bug on the boat too. I love this little guy!

Jenna is hilarious. She LOVES to tube. I took her and Joel and they went flying like CRAZY!!! She is fearless...Joel got off the tube and she wanted to go some more. So I took her really fast and the tube literally left the water and was flying through the air!!! She hung on and Joel and I couldn't believe our eyes. We died laughing at this little dare devil! She also took a try at wakeboarding and got up! It was awesome and I love that she tried her very best and never gave up!
The sequel to the movie "Snakes on a Plane" (I am sure you all saw that one...just kidding)..........
"Frogs on a Boat." The whole day I told Drew that we would go look for lizzards or something gross on one of the sandy and amazing beaches that Roosevelt has...and to my complete astonishment...we found frogs!!! Drew couldn't have been happier! He always tells me, "Mom, lizzards and frogs are in my heart." So of course I had to let him bring them home...but will soon be released back into the wild.




The lizzard boy himself...doesn't he look like he's in heaven. Who can say no to that little face.


As I was wakeboarding on the above mentioned glass...I just was so happy to see the ones I love most on Earth on that boat. My sweet kids and husband. I was just filled with so much gratitude for the life that I have been blessed with! I kept saying that the lake was like a little bit of heaven and so Jenna would say, "Mom, this day is just like heaven!" And I can't help but feel like it was...IT WAS A PERFECT DAY!!!



1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Amber darlin', you are an amazing lady, and I simply adore you! From the sunshiney grins on every face, to 10 sandy frogs, you know just how to coax the very most out of a wonderful day. You are the BEST! XOXO GG